Sara Huffman, MSW, LCSW, LCAS
Sara is an MSW graduate of ECU School of Social Work who is currently employed by RHA Health Services as the Central NC Regional Director. Sara has provided direct care services in DSS, behavioral health outpatient and community-based treatment, and psychiatric hospital settings.
Sara has held both clinical and operational oversight of behavioral health programming. She has developed public programming for:
- Behavioral Health Urgent Care Centers;
- Peer Support Services;
- Transitional to Community Living Services;
- Outpatient Services;
- Medication-Assisted Treatment; and
- Other Community-Based Behavioral Health Treatment
She has lead projects with County government and community stakeholders to create public/private funded programs for:
- Hospital Peer Bridger Programs;
- Law Enforcement Co-Responder and Quick Response Teams;
- Detention Center Behavioral Health Teams; and
- Family Justice Center Behavioral Health Programming
Sara represents The NC Providers Council on the NC Substance Use Disorder Federation, and she serves on the North Carolina Stepping Up Task Force.